Sunday, October 26, 2008

I thought I’d share some quotes from a couple of books I have: The Price of Freedom and God Bless America. Hopefully you are registered to vote and you will exercise that right by November 4th. Men and women have given their lives in order for us to have the freedoms that we have in this country. Unfortunately many Christians have become very apathetic to our country’s condition and state. The first quote explains what happens with apathy.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke

Good government generally begins in the family, and if the moral characters of a people once degenerate, their political character must soon follow.
-- Elias Boudinot

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked way, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
-- 2 Chronicles 7:14

Personal freedom, political freedom—they pale in comparison to freedom in Christ. I could be imprisoned in chains, but still I’m a free man because of my faith. That’s true freedom. No battle can change it, no government can revoke it. I’ve been set free.
--
Michael W. Smith

In no other way can this republic become a world power in the noblest sense of the word than by putting into her life and the lives of her citizens the spirit and principles of the great founder of Christianity.
-- David J. Brewer, Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme court, 1889-1910.

Blessed is the man who makes the Lord His trust.
-- Psalm 40:4

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.
-- Patrick Henry

Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
-- Matthew 11:38-30

Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.
--
George Washington

He guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
-- Proverbs 2:8

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
--
John Adams

Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees.
--
Deuteronomy 8:11.

The Church can have light only as it is full of the Spirit, and it can be full only as the members that compose it are filled individually.
-- A.W. Tozer

Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.
-- 2 Peter 1


Have a great day in the Lord!

No comments: