Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cathy’s Corner

 

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and you were able to spend time with family and friends. As I write this the plan in our house is to have Thanksgiving with three of our children and two spouses on Saturday. This year is the year they spend Thanksgiving Day with their in-laws. Our daughter Kiersten is just days away from having her first baby and so my bags are semi-packed and I am just waiting to hop a plane to go to Virginia.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for so many things. God is so very good to us all of the time and He sent His Son for us that we can have eternal life with Him and that is what I am most thankful for.

 

He has blessed us this past year so very much. In April, on April Fools Day no less, we found out our daughter Kiersten and her husband Jay were expecting their first child and our first grandbaby. Tex will be here soon and I am excited about our first Christmas with him. In July we found out our daughter Cassandra and her husband Scott were expecting their first child and we were able to go and see the sonogram a couple of weeks ago and they are having grandson number two due in March. If that isn’t excitement enough; our son J and his wife Lindsay called last week and they are expecting their first child due in June. It is an exciting time around our house and while this Christmas will be lots of fun, next year with a six, a nine and a twelve month old to open presents and play with, it will be awesome. I love my family and I am thankful for the spouses He has blessed my children with. I am thankful for new grandbabies on the way and praying for healthy pregnancies, deliveries and babies.

 

God has also blessed our church in so many ways. Our economy has affected all of us in one way or the other. Many have lost jobs, have had their hours cut, or live with the threat of losing their job every day. God blessed this church because of it’s faithfulness to Him and allowed us to become debt free. Because of that where other churches are slashing budgets and lying off staff we are not experiencing as devastating affects as others. We are definitely trimming our budgets for the second year and we may be cutting out some of the things that we have done in the past but because of our debt freedom we hopefully can carry on without any loss of employees. So I am thankful for God’s provision for our church and praying for our faithfulness to him to continue.

 

God has blessed our preschool as well this year. We have more permanent teachers than we have ever had and so many of those are our faithful teachers that have been with us for years. I am grateful and thankful for the opportunity to serve with each and every one of you each week. I love seeing your smiles and watching you as you teach our preschoolers about Jesus. I am thankful for our Preschool Staff and for their dedication and commitment to excellence in laying a spiritual foundation for our children. Not only do I call these ladies co-workers but I also call them friend and I am thankful for that friendship.

 

Have a great day in the Lord

 

 

 

No comments: